On today’s run, I’m joining a really interesting individual for a few miles. Adam Frager is, according to his twitter bio, a “grandfather, triathlete, ironman, All-American, sci-fi geek, and lover of all things Star Wars”.
So needless to say, we had plenty of room for the conversation to take off, and it did! We were all over the place conversation wise during our run, but here are some of the highlights.
- How peer pressure got him into participating in triathlons.
- The swim is important in a tri, but you can’t win the race in the water.
- How to become an All-American triathlete.
- How competition continues to drive him.
- The importance of adequate nutrition and hydration during an ironman.
- His mom took him out of school to go to the movies to watch the original Star Wars movie, and he’s been hooked ever since.
I had a blast talking with Adam Frager during our run today, and I was glad to get an insight into the triathlon world. I’m still not sure about doing a tri, but after talking with Adam I could see myself getting talked into one.
If you’d like to connect with Adam to talk Star Wars, triathlons, or anything else, please reach out to him on twitter, and tell him you heard him on the Diz Runs With… podcast.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!