On today’s episode of the Diz Runs With podcast, I’m joining running coach Amanda Loudin for a few easy miles to talk about running, life, and everything in between.
During our run, we covered a lot of ground. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Her favorite race distance is a unique one, since it’s not a distance you can find to race frequently.
- Got her start as an endurance athlete in a very unique style of triathlon.
- Her plans of running an ultra marathon (or 2!) in the next year and a half or so.
- MAF running. What is it and why it’s beneficial.
- Big, bulky shoes vs. Small, light shoes. The shoe debate continues!
My conversation with Amanda was a great one, and I know that I learned a lot from her, especially about MAF training. I’m not sure I have the patience to implement it, but I really like the idea of it and how it can really lay the foundation for improvement for any runner.
If you’d like more information about MAF training, I’d definitely suggest you connect with Amanda. She’s always willing to talk with runners about anything, and I know she can answer any questions that you might have.
I hope you’ll take the time to connect with Amanda, and let her know that you heard her on the Diz Runs With podcast!
Join my Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!