On today’s show I’m running with Amelia Boone, who is a 4-time World Champion in the Obstacle Course Racing scene.
Amelia has been an athlete all of her life, but has only recently started to be willing to call herself a runner even though she’s been competing in Obstacle Course Races (and winning more often than not) for the past several years.
We talked about how she got started in Obstacle Course Racing (peer pressure claims another victim!), finding her own level of work/life balance, the future of Obstacle Course Racing, and Wrestlemania.
Here are some of the highlights from my chat with Amelia Boone.
- The longer the race, the better and a willingness to suffer
- How to play the mental games necessary to compete and complete a long, difficult event
- Competing against the best in the world while working a very demanding day job
- Injuries and the wear and tear of running obstacle course races
- A love of professional wrestling
- Running a couple of ultras sans obstacles
- What separates the elite competitors in obstacle course racing
- Predictions: the future of obstacle course racing
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Headphones and Support the Show at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!