On today’s show, I’m running with author and runner Amy Marxkors for a few fun and easy miles.
Our chat was really an enjoyable one for me, which I think you’ll be able to figure out by listening to our conversation.
We were all over the map in terms of what we talked about metaphors, the mental side of training, playing ice hockey, being total nerds, becoming runners, dropping out of school after 1st grade, and so much more!
Here are some of the highlights from todays conversation:
- A unique reason for the marathon being her favorite distance to race
- Preferring training for a marathon over the actual race
- Getting into running by training with a group of women 20 years older than her
- The struggle with calling herself a runner
- The importance, and the fun, of having a goal to run towards
- Writing her first book, The Lola Papers
- The inspirational story of Teri Griege, and how that became a book
- Upcoming writing projects
- Bucket list races
- A birthday running tradition
Interested in reading Amy’s books? Click the titles to get them via Amazon (Affiliate Links)
- The Lola Papers: Marathons, Misadventures, and How I Became a Serious Runner
- Powered By Hope: The Teri Griege Story
This episode is sponsored by The Coterie. Learn more about the benefits of joining The Coterie by clicking here.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!