Charlie Engle Talks About Ultra Running & the Benefits of Sleep/Regular Yoga for Recovery (Best Of)
On today’s run, I’m joining ultra marathoner Charlie Engle for a few easy miles.
Charlie’s story is an almost unbelievable combination of highs and lows in both running and life. I could have talked with him for another couple of hours, but in our short time together we still managed to cover some areas of his life in pretty good detail.
Here are some of the highlights:
- As he overcame addictions to both drugs and alcohol, running helped save his life and keep him sober.
- How his idea of running across the Sahara desert went from just an idea to actually happening.
- Raising awareness for Clean Water Africa by doing something that he is passionate about.
- Seeing the world while racing in some amazing locations.
- Staying healthy while running requires a holistic point of view.
- A pretty incredible running schedule for 2015.
If you’d like to connect with Charlie, and I’d recommend it, check him out.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!