On today’s run, I’m joining ultra marathoner Charlie Engle for a few easy miles.
Charlie’s story is an almost unbelievable combination of highs and lows in both running and life. I could have talked with him for another couple of hours, but in our short time together we still managed to cover some areas of his life in pretty good detail.
Here are some of the highlights:
- As he overcame addictions to both drugs and alcohol, running helped save his life and keep him sober.
- How his idea of running across the Sahara desert went from just an idea to actually happening.
- Raising awareness for Clean Water Africa by doing something that he is passionate about.
- Seeing the world while racing in some amazing locations.
- Staying healthy while running requires a holistic point of view.
- A pretty incredible running schedule for 2015.
If you’d like to connect with Charlie, and I’d recommend it, check him out.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Every Tuesday at 9 pm, I spend about an talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!