As the holidays approach, the search for the perfect gift for each person on your list will only intensify. If you are shopping for a runner this year, over the next few weeks I’ll continue to give you dozens of gift ideas for runners in a number of different running categories. To revisit the categories I’ve already talked about, click here.
Today, I will be looking at some of the electronics that many runners appreciate having/using during their runs.
If you’d like to download a list of all of the items listed on this post (with clickable links to make shopping easy) and talked about in the podcast episode, simply click here.
Electronics for the Runner on Your List
- Garmin–A good Garmin, or any other quality GPS Watch, is something that many runners use on a regular basis. I use my Garmin to keep track of my distance, my speed, average pace, overall time, and heart rate. While that may seem like a lot of information to be keeping track of, it is just the tip of the ice berg in terms of what different data fields can be monitored. Anything that you want to measure can probably be measured with a quality Garmin.
- Heart Rate Monitor–If you only want to keep an eye on your heart rate, you can get just a heart rate monitor at a fraction of the price of a Garmin. Sometimes, we think our workouts are harder (or easier) than they really are, and a heart rate monitor is a great way to keep you honest about the effort you are putting in.
- iPod Shuffle–I love my shuffle because it’s small, cheap, and doesn’t bounce around at all while I’m running. There are other options, both Apple and non-Apple, but I can’t recommend a shuffle enough.
- Yurbuds–Best headphones for running (or any type of exercise) by far. Why? They don’t fall out of your ears. It’s really that simple.
- Arm Bands–A popular way to carry a phone or other music device is with an arm band. With an adjustable velcro strap, you can guarantee that your phone/mp3 player stays in place and that you can see the screen to switch songs or access other information without taking the phone out of the pouch each time.
Runners love their electronics, so if you give one of these items as a gift, there is a pretty good chance it will be VERY well received!