On today’s episode of the podcast, I’m joining Courtney Schwartz for a few easy miles.
Courtney was just getting into running before moving to Colorado a handful of years ago, and after a rough first trail run decided to stick to running on the roads for a while.
But for a runner living in Colorado, you can only ignore the lure of the mountains and the trails for so long. After giving trail running another shot, Courtney now feels at home on the trails.
In addition to talking about running trails and being a part of the trail running community, we also talked about some of the highs and lows of her 2015 summer. Here are some of the highlights from our chat.
- Why she doesn’t have a favorite race distance
- Her preference between running and racing
- Transitioning from road running to trail running
- Running the 2nd half of the Leadville Trail Marathon with broken ribs
- Her mindset when it comes to DNFing an Ultra
- The 2015 Leadville 100: the good, the bad, and the scary
- Possibly running Leadville 100 again in the future?
- Distant locales to possibly run one day (The Glen Coe Skyline Race she mentioned)
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!