On today’s episode, I’m joining Dane Rauschenberg for another easy run just about a year after our initial chat.
Dane is an extreme distance runner, and in our initial chat we talked about some of his exploits and achievements in his past. This time we talked about his past year of running, venturing off the trails, and some of the things he has going on beyond his running.Click To Tweet
I’ve enjoyed chatting with Dane both times that he’s been on the show now, and I really think you’re going to enjoy our conversation today. Here are some of the highlights of our chat:
- Why last year was the worst year of his running career
- The difference between running and racing on the trails
- Running in the US Trail National Championship
- An attempt at running Rim2Rim2Rim and coming up one Rim short
- A different meaning for the running term “DNF”
- Comparing trail runners and road runners
- The runner’s mentality: why a bad race for one runner would be a dream come true for another
- The fallacy of believing that anything is possible
- The two projects Dane is working on at the moment
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!