Dane Rauschenberg didn’t start running until his mid 20s, but he has definitely made up for lost time!
Dane started running in law school, in an attempt to try and lose a few of the extra pounds that had built up over his college years. But since starting, he has barely stopped long enough to catch his breath!
As we take this trip down memory lane (this chat with Dane was from Episode 007, which was originally released on 7/13/2014) I had honestly forgotten how crazy of a story Dane has about his running career.
Here are some of the highlights.
- Why too many people apologize for running 13.1 miles
- Being unprepared for his first marathon
- Being “forced” to getting back into running by a judge
- The logistical nightmare of running 52 certified marathons in 52 weeks
- Why he has never used an ice bath as part of his recovery plan
- The mental game of running in the same area time and time again
- The difference between liking to race and liking to run
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!