Doug Pfeffer has found running to be fun now that it was no longer part of his job.
Learning to run with better form, and without pain, didn’t hurt either!
After a 24 year career in the Army, Doug Pfeffer was told he’d never be able to run again because of pain in his knees.
But now that he’s found a way to run pain free and no longer “has” to run, running and racing has become a definite passion of his.
During our chat today, we talked about his transition out of the military and how Team RWB helped him get into running, his 2016 schedule (which is CRAZY!),
Here are some of the highlights of our chat:
- An “odd” race distance that is somewhat common
- Difference between running being “part of the job” and it simply being fun
- Big plans for 2016 in terms of events and new race distances
- How his military career helps him as a runner
- Team RWB: What is it? (Click this link to check out the Team RWB website for more info on the organization)
- Transitioning into Altra shoes and loving them
- Goals for his 2016 races
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!