Gary Stotler is one of my new favorite people in this world.
I’m so glad that I was able to have a conversation with this incredible guy today, and I know you are going to love it.
In the past few years, Gary has made a dramatic change in his life by making small changes every day that have helped him shed weight, improve his health, and stick with it throughout his journey.
And the results are pretty obvious.
In today’s episode we talk about the changes he’s made to improve his health, how his story has impacted those around him, how personal development/self-help books helped him with the diet and exercise changes that he’s made in his life,
Here are just a few of the many highlights from my chat with Gary Stotler.
- Going from being 400 lbs to running his first ultra marathon in about 3 years
- The first steps in the journey of changing his health and his life
- The biggest obstacle he had to overcome in losing the weight
- Getting an email to find out he was registered for his first marathon
- Big plans for 2016 including the Leadville 50 miler
- The role that reading personal development books has played on his life
- The impacts that improving his health has had on his life beyond the obvious
- The power of vision boards to keep you motivated and on track for your goals (running and beyond)
Interested in some of the books that Gary mentioned? Here are the Amazon links for each book. (Affiliate Links)
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Headphones and Support the Show at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!