Diz Runs With… Golden Harper
On today’s show, I’m running with Golden Harper, who is the founder of Altra Running.
Since trying on my first pair of Altra Zero Drop shoes, I’ve been in love with these shoes. On today’s chat, we talk about some of Golden’s past accomplishments as a runner, and we get into the story of how Altra Running came into existence. Here are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- Ran his first marathon at age 10, and ran a 2:45 marathon at age 12!
- His senior year of high school, ran in the Foot Locker national meet with the likes of Alan Webb, Ryan Hall, Dathan Ritzenhein, and many other stud runners.
- Working in the family running store, tinkering with running shoe design to help improve running form was a regular occurrence.
- The local demand for a zero drop, fully cushioned show was overwhelming.
- The creation of a fully cushioned, zero drop shoe, with a food shaped toe box.
- The current line-up of Altra Zero Drop shoes.
I had a great time talking to Golden about Altra. It’s really pretty incredible how far this company has come in such a short amount of time, and I can’t wait to see where Altra Running continues to go in the future.
If you’d like to learn more about this amazing company (of which I’m proud to be a brand ambassador), please check them out on-line at www.altrarunning.com.
Find Altra on Twitter: www.twitter.com/AltraRunning
Find Altra on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AltraZeroDrop
Find Altra on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AltraZeroDrop
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
- iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
- Android users click here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!