If you were following me or the blog at the beginning of the year, you know how much of a fan I am of New Year’s Resolutions.
Making resolutions/goals in the first week of January is one thing, but looking back on them multiple times throughout the year, gauging progress, and adjusting as necessary is extremely important.
At least if you want to stay on track, meet your goals, and not keep making the same resolutions year after year.
So how am I doing on my goals for 2015? Let’s take a look at where I stand at the halfway point of 2015.
6 Months Down, 6 Months To Go
- Yearly Mileage: My mileage goal for the year (1200 miles) got off to an incredibly slow start, but I’m starting to pick up steam. As of now, I’m at 436.25 miles, so I’m definitely off the pace. The last few months have been good months for me though, and I’m still confident that I can get to 1200 for the year. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s still 100% doable.
- Daily Blog Posts: Of all of my 2015 resolutions, this is the one that I’m doing the best on. And it’s not even close. As of today, I’ve only missed 2 days so far. If I’m honest, I’m not entirely looking forward to continuing to post daily for the rest of the year, but I think it will be good for me to stick with it and see this one all the way through. And since I’ve made it this long, there is no reason to let it slide now. If you want to stay updated about what I’m posting, make sure you join the tribe, enter your email address in the box on the left, or add the rss feed for this page to your feed reader.
- Reading Lots of Books: Yeah, this one isn’t going too well. I’m reading a lot more than I have in a long time, but the idea knocking out 30 books in a year has turned out to be a bit much. I haven’t kept perfect track (because I knew I fell way off the pace), but I think I’ve gotten through 8 so far? I’m trying to be more intentional with my reading, and I’d love to finish another 10 books by the end of the year. Maybe next year I can get to 30. Maybe… Wait, do the books I read Adison count? If so, I might already be to 30!
- Start Public Speaking: I guess this one has been a success! I spoke earlier this year at a small business “conference” here in town. It was pretty low key, but it definitely counted as a speaking gig. And I’m super excited for August, when I’ll be keynoting the pre-race event for the Running with the Bears marathon out in California! I really love being in front of an audience, so hopefully these two events will be just the tip of the proverbial ice berg.
- Improve My Webinars: I was weekly webinars, but I fell off of that bandwagon. Weekly webinars may be something that starts up again soon, though. Stay tuned.
- Organize/Host a Virtual Running Summit: Not happening as of now. I really wanted to do this, and still really want to, but it just became a huge albatross hanging around my neck as I was trying to put it together. And I wasn’t even into the really heavy lifting yet. There’s a chance I’ll be partnering with Steve from RunBuzz and co-hosting a summit in the fall though, so there’s still a chance on this one.
- Help Runners Improve: I guess I’m doing alright with this one, but this is definitely one of those generic and non-measureable goals so I don’t really know. I’ve tried to offer suggestions on social media, on the blog, and in podcast episodes. Hopefully some of my tips and tricks have found the right people, and they’ve been able to benefit from some of the things I’ve done.
So that’s where I am at this point.
Could be better, could be worse.
Still a lot of room for improvement, but even if I don’t hit some of my loftier goals, I really think I’m on pace for a pretty awesome year.
How are You Doing With Your 2015 Goals?
What are Your Plans for Making the Most of the Rest of 2015?