No runners want to be injured, but most of us wind up with a running related injury from time to time. While some might say that running injuries are an inevitability, there are many running coaches-myself included-that would disagree with that statement.
And my guest today disagrees as well.
Jason Fitzgerald knows first hand how much it stinks to be injured. But while being sidelined for 6 months with an injury, he spent hours researching his injury, ways to speed up his recovery, and ways to prevent it from coming back in the first place. And the rest, as they say, is history.
We talked a lot more in depth about the injury that got everything started, as well as covering a lot of other topics. Here are some of the highlights:
- Injuries aren’t 100% preventable, but you can dramatically reduce the risk of suffering an injury.
- Common misconceptions when dealing with IT Band issues.
- The location of the pain isn’t necessarily the location of the problem.
- Strength training for runners is vital, for a variety of reasons.
- Ways to find time for strength training, even for the runner that says they don’t have enough time for 10 minutes of strengthening.
- A great first step for runners that aren’t currently doing any strength training.
Take a few minutes and look around StrengthRunning.com. You won’t regret it!
Also, make sure to connect with Jason on Twitter. http://twitter.com/JasonFitz1
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Every Tuesday, I spend about an hour talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!