Today I’m talking with another Obstacle Course Racer and fellow podcaster Jay Bode!
Jay got into obstacle course racing because of a combination of peer pressure and convenience.
And before that first race was over, he was officially hooked!
Now, Jay is always looking for the next OCR to compete in, and loves checking out the different races and different options that are available.
Here are some of the highlights from my chat today with Jay Bode:
- The longer the obstacle race, the better suited he is to succeed
- Peer pressure got him into running
- Competing with his wife provides them a chance to get away/travel to a race
- Preferred series and comparing a few of the big name ones
- The types of obstacles that give him the most difficulties
- Preparing to compete at the elite level in some of these races
- Getting into podcasting and deciding to launch his show “Overcome and Run“
- Strategies/tips for runners that are thinking about trying an OCR for the first time
- Goals/plans for 2016 and beyond
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Headphones and Support the Show at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!