Jen St Jean has returned to the track after a long lay off with the goal of running her best times ever.
After college, she was running on an Olympic Development team but for a number of reasons she felt that it was time to walk away from the competitive running scene. She left the track, got a corporate job, started a family, but running was always her release.
Eventually, however, Jen found her way back to the track. Now she’s competing on the masters circuit, and is taking on some of the best masters runners in the world.
Here are some of the highlights from my chat with Jen St Jean.
- Running and racing the 1000 meters
- Taking time off from running competitively
- Running in some corporate events, including a corporate Olympic gold
- Leaving the corporate world to start her own company and work from home
- Coming back to competitive running with the goal of running “faster as a master”
- Finding benefits in running longer distances, including cross country races
- Attending a masters event can be incredibly inspirational
- Getting involved in masters running
- Nutrition, a wheat/gluten allergy, and how those issues have played out over her career
- Competing in the Millrose Games and the Olympic Trials
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Headphones and Support the Show at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!