On today’s run I’m spending a few easy miles chatting with Jessica Rinehart.
Jessica had quite a year of running in 2015, highlighted by running her first marathon and then qualifying for Boston just a few months later.
While that is impressive (and enviable) in and of itself, Jessica does it all like so many of us: while balancing a full time job (with a full time commute) and all of the other responsibilities of daily living and training for races. And finding the right balance is one of the things that she’s struggling with, especially when it comes to running marathons which we definitely talked about.
Here are just a few of the highlights from our chat today.
- Discovering she was anemic made a world of difference in her running/training
- The challenges of running Big Sur
- The feelings/emotions after running a BQ
- Debating between running shorter distances and running more marathons
- The community of runners both online and within the local community
- Why she decided to start her blog, and how much longer it might stay in existence
- Splurging on comfort food after a race
- Better than post race food is post race sweets
- Future race goals, including some of the big ones!
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Earbuds at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!