On today’s show, I’m going over, under, and through with Obstacle Course Racer Joe Gates.
If you’re unfamiliar with obstacle course racing, like I am, this chat will help you understand some of the different obstacle course races that are out there and the challenges that are inherent within them.
Joe is a regular Spartan racer, though he has tried a lot of the other brands as well, especially the big name events like Tough Mudder and the Warrior Dash.
Going into this chat, I didn’t have much of an interest in obstacle course racing, but after talking with Joe I’ve definitely opened up to the idea. I’m not signing up just yet, but I’d at least consider doing one now.
If you’re curious about learning more about obstacle course racing, you are definitely going to enjoy my run today with Joe Gates. Here are some of the highlights from our chat:
- Getting into obstacle course racing
- Talking about the different brands of obstacle course races
- You never know what obstacles you’re going to encounter
- Some of the more common (and brutal!) obstacles
- Are the Olympics in the future of obstacle course racing?
- Bridging the gap between cross fitters/strength athletes and runners
- Spartan kids race can make obstacle course running a family affair
- Thinking about running your first OCR? Tips for preparing for these types of events
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!