Julia Hanlon Finds Yoga & Running Benefit the Mind, Body, and Spirit
Today I’m joining fellow podcast host and runner Julia Hanlon for a few easy miles.
Julia is the host of the Running On Om podcast, which is a podcast you should definitely add to your playlist, runner, yogi, and an all around student of life.
During our chat, we talked about her experience running (but not racing) the marathon distance, spectating at the Olympic Trials, the benefits of yoga for runners, and so much more!
Here are some of the highlights of my chat with Julia Hanlon.
- Running the Boston Marathon “by accident”
- Spectating the Olympic Trials and the LA Marathon
- How she got started in yoga in how it has impacted her life
- The crossover between a regular yoga discipline and regular running
- Starting her podcast and deciding to link running and yoga
- Interviewing people on the show that are neither runners nor yogis, and that’s ok
- How podcasting has changed her
- Listening to her podcast while editing, but never again!
- Regular segments on the Running On Om podcast
- A running and writing retreat for the fall (Click for Details)
If you haven’t done so already, definitely check out Julia’s podcast and her website. You can also connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Headphones and Support the Show at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!