In my opinion, having Kate Ediger on the show for Memorial Day was an absolute no brainer for me.
During the time that I’ve interacted with her on twitter, there has been no doubt in my mind that she has a deep respect for the military and the men and women that serve. So on the day that we set aside to honor those that have lost their lives in service to our country, I thought it would be a great chance to run together and have a great conversation.
And our chat today definitely did not leave me disappointed!
During our run, we talked a lot about how Kate came to have such an appreciation for our service members, the races put on by each branch of the military, reflecting on the meaning of Memorial Day, and an awesome concert I went to recently that I got to share with Kate via Twitter. Here are some of the highlights from our run.
- Living in “the middle of nowhere” means she takes plenty of race-cations to find fun races to run
- Going from hating running to being an addict in only 6 years
- This history of the Bataan Death March, and the race that pays homage to the men that lost their lives
- The experience of running the Marine Corps Marathon was ah-mazing!
- The importance of Memorial Day, and the need to remember why we have this holiday in the first place
- Our interaction while I was live tweeting at a Beach Boys concert (click here to see the video I tweeted out)
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!