After a year of focused running and racing, Katy Widrick is taking her foot of the gas a little bit, at least for the start of 2015.
I think that as runners, and I know I’m guilty of this, we feel like we have to constantly keep running or we will lose the fitness gains we worked so hard to achieve. I know that I’ve been hesitant to take time off because of this, and I was excited to have Katy come on the show and talk about why she’s taking some time off.
I think that she makes some great points, and I hope you’ll really take what she has to say to heart and embrace a break (or at least a decrease in training intensity) from time to time as well.
But we didn’t just talk about taking time off from running. We covered a lot of ground on our run, and here are just a few of the highlights:
- Reasons that 10ks seem to be gaining in popularity.
- Why 2014 was her “come back” year.
- The difference between Maine hills and Florida hills.
- Phrases you should never tell a runner during a race.
- Why the leash is so important when you’re running and pushing your kid in the stroller.
- We both couldn’t say enough good things about the Celebration Half/Full Marathon.
- The importance on focusing on other areas of health, and how that helps with running.
- Why Katy might be getting “soft” after spending so much time in Florida.
If you want to connect with Katy, and I’d absolutely encourage you to do that, check out her website (http://katywidrick.com).
You can also connect with her on social media.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Every Tuesday, I spend about an hour talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!