Diz Runs With… Kim Conley
On today’s show I’m joining Kim Conley for a few easy miles.
Kim played a pivotal part in a dramatic finish in the 5,000 meters at the 2012 Olympic trials, that ended with her earning her place on the team and a ticket to the London games. While she looked as surprised as anyone with the result, before the race she was very confident in her ability to make the team.
We obviously talked about her Olympic experience, but also spent a lot of time talking about what her plans are for the future, both the 2016 Olympics and beyond. Here are some of the highlights of our conversation:
- Making the Olympic team when few people gave her a legitimate chance
- Running into someone wearing a gold medal in an elevator
- Struggling after coming home from the Olympics due to increased internal pressure
- Her ability to train hard and stay healthy year after year
- The creation of the Norcal Distance Project, and how that has helped her career
- Gearing up for her first 1/2 marathon, and eventually thinking about taking on 26.2
If you’d like to connect with Kim, here are the best places to find her online.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
- iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
- Android users click here.
Join Me for a Webinar
Every Tuesday at 9 pm, talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!