Lauren Jimison Lets Her Faith Guide Her in Running and Life
Lauren Jimison is living out her calling as a professional runner.
Lauren had a very successful college running career, yet her transition from college runner to professional didn’t exactly follow a linear path. Yet the path that she went down was perfect for her, and there’s no doubt she’s in the place that she needs to be to successful.
During our run, we talked about the learning curve that marathon runners must navigate, her transition from college runner to professional, the importance of being mentally strong as a runner, her favorite cup of coffee, and a whole lot more.
Here are some of the highlights of our chat:
- Her decision to begin her marathon career at a younger age than most elites
- Lessons she’s learned now that she has a couple of marathons under her belt, and the fact that each race is a learning experience
- As runners, we need to always be mentally prepared for things to go wrong that are out of our control
- How she trained and maintained her fitness during her year between finishing college and joining the ASICS Mammoth Track Club.
- Racing the marathon was a natural evolution for her as a runner, and not something that she felt forced into.
- Why a good cup of coffee is so important to her
If you’d like to connect with Lauren, check out her blog and follower her on Instagram/Twitter.
Support the show by supporting our sponsors. Click here to save 20% on your order of the best running socks you’ll ever use.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!