In today’s episode of the show, I’m talking about some of the life lessons that I’ve learned about running that definitely apply to other areas of life as well.
I’ve never been a big metaphor guy, but running parallels so many other areas of my life as well that it’s almost scary.
The ups… The downs…
Running is life and life is running.
And here are some life lessons that I’ve learned over the course of several years and thousands of miles.
- There is No Single Definition of Success: You decide what success means to you.
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others: Every runner is unique, so comparing yourself to others is pointless.
- Relish the Small Victories: Big goals are great, but it’s important to celebrate the small victories along the way.
- You Only Get Out What You Put In: If you want to be successful, you have to do the work!
- Starting is Hard, But Not as Hard as You Think: You don’t need to be “an expert” to get started. You don’t need all of the fanciest gear. You just need to get started.
- Shit Happens: No matter how well you plan, no matter how prepared you are, there are times that things don’t go the way you want them to go.
- The Biggest Obstacle to My Success is Me: If I could just get out of my own way once in awhile…
- The Finish Line is Seldom the End: Always keep moving forward.
- Run Your Race on Your Terms: Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.
- I’m Capable of More Than I Give Myself Credit For: Stop putting limits on what is possible!
- Have Fun: Seriously, just have fun!
These are just some of the life lessons I’ve learned about life during my time as a runner.
What Life Lessons Have You Learned From Running That Can Apply to Other Areas of Life as Well?
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Headphones and Support the Show at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!