On today’s episode of the Diz Runs With podcast, I’m joining running coach, podcaster, and conscious runner Lisa Hamilton for a few easy miles.
Lisa has an amazing story, and I was shocked to learn that she really didn’t start running until she was in college. Since then, however, she’s accomplished quite a bit. Here are a few highlights from our conversation–
- She grew up as a competitive swimmer in the Virgin Islands
- Ran cross country in college for “something to do” and was immediately hooked.
- Suffered through many running related injuries, especially when she was a newer runner.
- Her worst injury, ironically, wasn’t even from running.
- Specific muscle groups runners should focus on strengthening and stretching.
- How to stay in the moment and be a more conscious runner.
If you’d like to further connect with Lisa, make sure you reach out to her and tell her you heard her on the show.
Facebook–The Conscious Runner
Join my Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!