What are you doing with the extra 24 hours in your 2016?
That’s right y’all, this year is a leap year and I’m spending my leap day answering your questions in the Listener Q&A Episode!
In case you’re new around these parts, let me tell you how this works:
- You join our public Facebook group, and somewhere mid-month I start a thread asking for questions to answer in the podcast.
- When you see the call for questions, you add said questions in a comment. (Questions don’t have to be running specific, I’m open to talking about just about anything.)
- During the last “regular” episode of the month, i.e. not a quick tip episode, I forgo an interview and try to answer your questions instead.
Pretty straight forward, eh?
Please note, you don’t HAVE to join the FB group to get your questions answered, but it is the BEST way so that I don’t miss your questions. If you’re not a Facebooker, feel free to send me a tweet or an email with your question and I’ll do my best to include those as well.
So without any further ado, let’s dive into this month’s questions!
- What should “downtime” look like for a marathoner?
- I’ve been increasing my mileage and every once in a while I notice a pain in my heel when landing. Any suggestions?
- I live in a hilly area, so I’m always running on hills. So, should I still do speed work, or are running hills enough?
- Any rules of thumb (rule of thumbs?) concerning massage?
- Race schedule logistics.
- Can a slow start throw you off during a long race?
- Things non-runners say…
- How many of my weekly runs should be speed/higher intensity?
- What are negative splits and tempo runs?
- Running fashion trends: What should stay and what should go?
- Places to find online race information.
- Post run chill when running in the cold.
Hope the answers help!
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!