Matt Llano Continues to Improve as He Races More Marathons
Matt Llano is squarely in the mix for the title of the next great American marathoner.
Matt always thought that the marathon was going to be his best event. As his marathon debut approached, he had his sights set on making a splash and announcing his arrival onto the world stage.
To say things didn’t exactly go as planned would be an understatement.
But he’s learned from that experience and implemented those lessons, and new PRs in his next two marathons prove as much. Now the focus shifts to training for the Olympic Trials and (hopefully) running for the USA in the Rio Games.
We talked running and a whole lot more on todays episode and here are some of the highlights of the chat:
- Representing the USA on the world stage
- Racing for place instead of worrying about time
- High expectations for his first marathon, and the lessons learned after the fact
- The struggles of first time marathoners at the elite level and how his first marathon went
- You have to learn how to race a marathon, and learning takes time
- Taking care of the “little things” as an elite runner
- How being able to be open about his sexuality may have impacted his running career
- Tips from the pros: reduce stress and find your purpose
Learn more about Matt by checking out his website and/or connecting with him on Twitter and Instagram.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!