On today’s episode of the show, I’m running with Matt Orlando aka The Runner Dad.
Matt is someone that I can relate to on a number of levels. As much as we both love running, our lives are busy with family, work, and a number of other obligations that consistently pull us in all directions.
During our chat today, we talk about race highlights, future plans, goals, and the ability to lean on running as a stabilizing force during the highs and lows of life. Here are some of the highlights of our chat:
- No desire to run another full marathon, but open to the idea of running an ultra
- The allure of races like Western States
- Meeting his wife through training for a race via Team in Training
- How TheRunnerDad.com came into fruition
- The power of Twitter to connect us normal people with the “big name” people
- The seasonal aspect of blogging and running
- The power of having long term running goals to keep motivation up
- Viewing running as the friend that’s always there for you–in good times and in bad
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!