On today’s episode, I’m joined by a really cool cat. Maverick Carnegie is a distance runner at heart, but his focus isn’t only on his running right now, even though his goal is to make it to the Olympics in 2016.
We spent a lot of time talking about his Olympic aspirations in the Modern Pentathlon, and the relative anonymity of his event here in the USA. But we didn’t just talk about his Olympic dreams, we also covered a variety of other topics, including:
- Why the mile is his favorite race distance.
- Becoming a professional running without following the traditional path.
- His time in the Army, including running a half marathon in Afghanistan.
- Getting lost running in the Grand Canyon, and then hitchhiking back to Colorado.
- A stress fracture in his hip that put him out of running for about 3 months.
I had a blast connecting with Mav, and I hope you’ll connect with him on social media. Let him know that you heard him on the show, and make sure you’re rooting for him as he pushes forward with his Olympic dream.
On Facebook–Run Mav
Join the Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!