Today on the podcast I’m joining Michael Deza for a few easy miles.
Michael started running on a whim, and decided to sign up for his first half marathon a few weeks before the event.
And he proceeded to run a 1:29.
Since then, he has fallen in love with running and has embraced the challenge of distance running. In 2015 alone, he’s trimmed 22 minutes off of his marathon PR (which is currently 2:49:15), qualified for Boston and New York, and set his goals even higher.
Here are some of the highlights from my chat with Michael Deza.
- Transitioning from an up and coming cyclist to a runner
- Why it’s important to not take any run for granted
- The two major factors of his breakthrough year in 2015
- Not allowing other to place limits on what is possible
- Ideas for staying sharp mentally during training and racing, and being ok with the fact that there are ebbs and flows
Don’t forget to support Runner Box by signing up for a subscription or sending a gift box to a running friend.
- Use promo code DIZRUNS to save 50% on the first box of any subscription.
- Use promo code DIZRUNSGIFT and save $5 on the price of any one box sent as a gift (includes holiday box, birthday box, and race survival kit).
And feel free to reach out to Runner Box on Twitter and thank them for sponsoring this show and to learn more about the great service that Staci and crew provide.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!