Michelle Walker is kind of a super hero.
This mother of six kids has run 115 marathons (as of this post), run a marathon on every continent, and run a sub-4 hour marathon in each of the 50 states.
Allow that to sink in for a minute.
Michelle is an incredible woman, and I really enjoyed talking with her about running and traveling. She’s done a lot of things that I hope to do as I continue on my running journey, so she’s definitely a role model of mine!
Here are some of the highlights from my chat with Michelle:
- Fitness has always been an important component of her life
- The importance of goals
- Using running as an excuse to travel
- The experience of traveling to and running in Antarctica
- Balancing family responsibilities with running and traveling
- Amazing races in amazing places, where would she go back and run the same race again?
- Giving triathlons a shot
Don’t forget to support Runner Box by signing up for a subscription or sending a gift box to a running friend.
- Use promo code DIZRUNS to save 50% on the first box of any subscription.
- Use promo code DIZRUNSGIFT and save $5 on the price of any one box sent as a gift (includes holiday box, birthday box, and race survival kit).
And feel free to reach out to Runner Box on Twitter and thank them for sponsoring this show and to learn more about the great service that Staci and crew provide.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!