On today’s episode of the Diz Runs With podcast, I am running with ultra-marathoner Mick Jurynec.
Mick is a fantastic guy, and while our conversation seemed to revolve mostly around running really long distances, we did cover a few other areas as well.
Some of the highlights of our conversation include:
- The process of going from a non-runner to an ultra-runner.
- Dressing for a winter run when it’s 90* outside.
- The most important component of running really long distances while avoiding injury.
- The give and take of training for a long distance race while being married to an ultra-runner and having a young child at the same time, all while still working full time.
- The joys of running in nature and the rush of being chased by a moose!
And these are just a sampling of the turns our conversation took. You’ll want to hear the moose story for sure, it’s fantastic!
If you’d like to connect with Mick to learn more about his ultra-marathon adventures or to compare stories about ornery moose chasing you through the woods, here are some of the places you can find him.
Website- Miracle in the Wasatch
Join my Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the newsletter provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else. You can interact with fellow tribe members on the Facebook group, and stay up to date with future guests on the show via the newsletter, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available anywhere else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!