Mike Wardian is a beast. There really is no better way to describe him. He runs races of all distances, from 5k to 135 mile ultras, competes in races around the country and around the world, and makes time with his family a priority.
Oh yeah, and he also holds down a full time job as well.
We talked about a variety of topics over the course of our run today, but here are a few highlights.
- Finishing a triathlon and going directly to coach his son’s lacrosse team.
- Winning the inaugural Dopey Challenge series on just a few hours of sleep each night.
- His desire to get a green jacket, but not the one they hand out at the Master’s.
- How important the behind the scenes people are for his running success.
- Compare/contrast trail racing and road racing.
- Some great experiences of running races in a number of places around the world.
Check out Mike’s race schedule, and say hi to him online and tell him you heard him on the podcast!
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!