On todays show, I’m joining John Noblin, the race director for the Mississippi Blues Marathon, for a few easy miles to talk about running in and around Jackson, Mississippi.
We talk a lot about the Mississippi Blues Marathon, obviously, but we also touched on many of John’s experiences as a runner and how the race came into existence. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Why John prefers to run longer races instead of the shorter variety.
- How landing a corporate sponsor early allowed for the Mississippi Blues Marathon to be a first class race from Day 1.
- Amazing finisher’s medals and awesome packet for all runners.
- Is it hilly? Is it flat? Depends on where you’re coming from!
- Some course highlights on a 26.2 mile scenic tour of Jackson.
- Not sure you can finish a half marathon before the cutoff time? This is the race for you!
- Options for things to do after the race, running related or not!
- How rewarding it is for a race director to hear what runners like about their events.
(So seriously guys, next time you run a race, shoot an email to the race director saying thank you for the time they put into the event and tell them what was amazing about the race!)
To register for the event, head over to http://www.msbluesmarathon.com and don’t forget to use the referral code DIZRUNS (all caps!).
Like the race’s FB page for regular updates and information about the race!
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!