Rachel Bell Kelley is no slouch when it comes to running road races.
But as a trail and ultra runner, she’s been even more impressive over the past handful of years.
She ran as a kid, and started taking running a bit more serious after college. She ran her first half marathon in 1:28 and her first full in 3:00, yet due to some personal issues took a break from racing for the next handful of years.
When she finally got back into the running world, she found herself being drawn to trail and ultra scene, and she’s had plenty of success since going off-road.Stuff happens during a 100 mile race. ~Rachel Bell Kelley Click To Tweet
I really had a blast chatting with Rachel. Here are some of the highlights from today’s run.
- Why the 100k distance almost sounds like a “comfortable distance”
- The power of positivity over the course of a 100 mile race
- Expectations, or lack thereof, heading into her first ultra marathon
- The reason she’s running Run Rabbit, Run
- Looking forward to meet and run with some of the elites in the ultra running world
- Trying to prepare for an ultra at altitude while living on the east coast
- Looking into the crystal ball for future races
- Advice to those of us thinking about running an ultra
- Figuring out what works best for you nutrition wise during a race
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!