Rachel Mitchell is testing the waters as a professional runner, after graduating from Sacramento State in 2014 after a successful career as a collegiate runner.
The transition hasn’t always been easy, but as she continues to gain experience and adjust to the demands of running as a means to earning a living, she is focused on continuing to improve. We talked about this transition, as well as several other topics.
Here are some of the highlights:
- How she got started in running track after doing martial arts as a kid.
- Running a variety of different distances in college, including the steeple chase!
- What her college experience was like as a student athlete.
- Being a part of the NorCal Distance project has been a good way to bridge the gap from college to pro.
- Learning from other pros about the importance of taking care of her body.
- Getting used to the different “seasons” as a pro.
- Intrigue about competing in the 10k instead of the 5k.
- Why she’s giving herself a 2 year trial as a pro, before making any big decisions.
- Why Kim Conley is the perfect training partner and mentor.
If you’d like to stay connected with Rachel, you can follow her on the NorCal Distance Project blog.
You can also connect with her on Twitter.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Every Tuesday, I spend about an hour talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!