Runner Q and A-January 2015
Back in August, I released a Q&A episode where I took questions from listeners of the show, friends on Twitter, people on Facebook, and anyone else that had a running related question that they wanted to get answered.
And to date, it is the 2nd most listened to episode of the show.
Something new that I’m going to try for 2015 is making the last episode of the month a Q&A show. Obviously, the first Q&A show was very popular and I’m always getting questions from listeners and twitter followers (which I love, so keep them coming!), so I think it only makes sense to have a regular question and answer time on the show.
I think once a month will be a good frequency to start with, and I’m happy to adjust if there are enough questions to have to do this more often.
So let’s dive in.
- Can you give some information about Zero Drop shoes?
- I have very low blood pressure. How does that impact my training, especially if I’m basing my training around heart rate zones?
- What drew me to running? What do I get from it?
- Can you give some running tips for big guys?
- What is the best way to track runners during a 100 mile race?
- How do you deal with race day details for running an ultra? Fluids, support crew, shoes, etc. Also, why are there so few ultra marathons on the roads?
- How do you know you’re ready to train for a long distance race? My head seems ready, but I’m not sure about my body. Also, who/what inspires you to keep going when the going gets tough?
- What is the best way to increase speed for a half marathon, with the goal being increasing pace by 1 min/mile over current PR. Thinking about possibly trying to qualify for Boston, but wants to attempt getting to BQ pace in the half first.
If you want to get a question answered next month, the best thing to do is to join the tribe. The Facebook Group gets the first crack at asking questions, and then I open it up to the email list if I still have room for more questions.
And if you have any running related questions that you’d like answered before next month’s Q&A show, just reach out and I’m happy to help!
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Every Tuesday, I spend about an hour talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!