Today I am running with Sage Canaday. Sage is an ultra-marathoner, who feels that he does better in races the longer they are. He started running long distances at a young age (qualifying for the Olympic Trials in the marathon as a 21 year old in 2007), and as he gets older her keeps pushing the distances farther and farther.
This conversation is jam-packed with lot’s of awesome stories and interesting facts about Sage, but here are a few of the highlights:
- Dropping out of the Olympic Trials after only 10k.
- Transitioning from predominately road running to mixing in some trail running and longer distance racing.
- Racing 100k distances after
training run no longer than 30 miles.
- Sometimes, a person just needs some potato chips and pop to get through an ultra marathon.
- Regular training on a tough course made for a perfect race and a victory representing Team USA.
- Utilizing YouTube as his biggest social media platform.
- Published author about the daily grind of a young, professional marathon runner.
- A crazy first ultra race story, including running off course and wiping out on an icy bridge.
If you’d like to connect with Sage, these are the best places to do so:
On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Vo2maxProductions
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/SageCanaday
On Instagram: http://instagram.com/sagecanaday
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SageCanadayFanPage
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!