Sean Johnson recently finished his first marathon, and definitely sees the race as a learning experience.
In addition to being a runner, Sean is a family man (which you can tell from the photo above) and one of the hosts of The Average Runner Podcast.
Sean deals with many of the same struggles that I deal with, and I know a lot of others do as well, with balancing work demands, family time, and still trying time to do some running on a consistent basis. Yet after seeing the benefits (physical, mental, and otherwise) and realizing that running has changed his life for the better, it’s no surprise that he’s hooked.
We covered a lot of ground on our run today, and here are some of the highlights of our chat:
- Reflecting on running his first full marathon just a few days after the event
- The emotional lift of seeing his family on the course, and the wave of emotions upon finishing the race
- How regular running benefits many other areas of life
- His motivation for running has evolved since he started
- The Average Runner Podcast
- The power of the running community
- Learning to run smarter in training to avoid breaking down physically
- Getting used to calling himself a runner
- Sean’s other podcast, Throwback Reviews and the Throwback Network
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!