Today on the show, I’m going a few easy miles with Stephanie Wattenbarger.
Like me, Stephanie has a goal to travel the country and run a race in every state. She’s definitely ahead of me at this point, so I’ve got some catching up to do ASAP!
Stephanie started running in her mid-40s, and she is determined to buck the conventional wisdom that says that after a certain age you can’t get any faster. She keeps improving her times, both in the half and full marathons, and continues to shoot for new PRs.
And after qualifying for Boston in 2014, there’s no reason to suggest that she’s going to slow down any time soon!
Here are some of the highlights of our chat.
- The differences between training and racing half marathons vs full marathons
- Another runner that got her start as the result of peer pressure
- Sage advice at the race expo of what was supposed to be her first 13.1 from friend of the show Dane Rauschenberg.
- The importance of continuing to learn in both running and in life
- The areas of her life/training that she can improve upon to continue to get faster
- The importance of setting big goals and seeing what you can do
- Using running as a “drug”
- Her experience of running Boston in 2015
- Running an ultra and setting her sights to go even farther
- Future goals and bucket list races
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!