Steve Taylor has been a prominent member of the running scene in America for a number of years, and in his time he’s seen quite a bit.
During his professional running days, he ran for the USA at a number of international events, competed in the Olympic Trials for the marathon 3 times, and has some pretty fast PRs in a variety of distances.
Steve has also been a successful college coach, working with a number of athletes that have gone on to successfully run after college.
And just recently, he founded the Collegiate Running Association and has big plans for it’s growth in the coming years.
We covered all of these topics and more during our conversation today. Here are some of the highlights of our chat.
- The explosion in popularity of the half marathon distance
- The causes of improvements in race times from when Steve ran to today
- The importance of injury prevention for elite level runners
- The impact of social media on bringing high level athletes together
- Why the Collegiate Running Association was created
- The mission of the CRA, and future plans for its continued growth and development
- The possibility of the half/full marathon becoming a college event
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!