Andre Kajlich is a pretty amazing athlete, but an even more incredible person.
Since losing both of his legs in an accident in the Czech Republic in 2003, he has become one of the top paratriathletes in the world, and is always looking for ways to push himself to doing bigger and better things.
We covered some ground talking about some of the races/events he’s already completed (which are pretty amazing), some of the possibilities he’s considering for the future, and the process of coming to grips with his injury while not letting it prevent him from continuing to do amazing things. Here are some of the highlights from our chat:
- Tackling the RAAM (Race Across America) bike race this summer
- Completing 2 UltraMan Events in 2014
- The possibility of running the LA Marathon, keep going across the country, and finish by running Boston
- The process of recovering from and continuing to live a full life after his injury
- Post injury, his first foray into fitness was to get in the water and start swimming
- Once he got a taste for triathlons, the rest has been history
- Going to Brazil for a 135 mile ultramarathon
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Every Tuesday, I spend about an hour talking about different ways to help you become a better runner. Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!