Today I’m catching back up with Teal Burrell, almost a year to the date after our first chat.
When I last talked to Teal, she had recently qualified for the Olympic Trials. That had been her big goal for a number of years, and was the namesake of her website (MilestotheTrials.com).
This time around, Teal was about a month and a half removed from the Olympic Trials and we spent the bulk of the chat talking about the trials from her perspective. We also talked about what her new goals are now that she’s run in the Trials, the benefits of keeping a running journal, some science talk, and a whole lot more!
Here are Some of the Highlights from Round 2 with Teal Burrell
- The 10,000 ft view of the Olympic Trials (Check out her full race recap here)
- What her pre-race expectations were like, and how the actual event compared with those expectations
- The power of big goals, and what her new goals are now that she made the Trials (hint, watch for her in 2020!)
- Why she’s planning to take a step back from the marathon in 2016
- Benefits of having a training journal/log and reflecting back on it from time to time
- Taking note of something that she’s grateful for each day of training
- Tricking your brain to push through when conditions are at their worst–nerding out on science!
- Trying to put the theory into practice at the Trials, to no avail
- The dietary debate in running: more carbs, more fat, or does it really matter? The research is coming!
- Article mentioned about diet/carb restrictions: Paleo Diet and Carb Restrictions
Want to Support the Continued Growth & Production of the Show?
Check out the support page for ideas and suggestions of ways you can help me grow the show. And remember, not all support involves money. Some of the best ways you can show your support are 100% free.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system. iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here. Android users click here. SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe! Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else. The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else. If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!