Teal Burrell has witnessed first hand the power of setting big goals.
Since she started running, she has set some ridiculously lofty goals for herself. And because of that, there are times that small PRs are as disappointing as not PRing at all. But she uses those disappointments as motivation, and typically is able to come back with some really amazing times.
And without setting those big goals in the first place, these amazing times may not have been possible.
We talked a lot about her big goals, amazing PRs, and a whole lot more during our chat. Here are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- Why she loves running the big city marathons
- Why I’m even more excited to (eventually) run Boston based on Teal’s experience
- The experience of running a race with the goal of winning instead of just chasing a personal time goal
- Her ability to bounce back from “bad” races with huge PRs
- Her fascination with the human brain and how it works
- Dealing with the mental aspects of marathon training
- Writing articles to answer her own questions about fads and trends in running
Learn more about my friend Kathy’s kickstarter campaign that I mention in the intro by clicking here.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Interested in the 2015 Virtual Running Summit?
Please visit the summit page so I can share updates and information with you.
Join Me on a Live Webinar
Sign up/get more details by clicking here.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!