Ty Godwin has accomplished some things in running that I definitely hope to achieve in the future, specifically qualifying for and running in Boston, so in chatting with him today hopefully I’ll be able to learn a few things to help me get to Hopkinton.
While Ty is definitely a big fan of the Boston Marathon, and you know where I stand on that race, we didn’t talk exclusively about what it takes to get to Boston on Patriot’s Day.
We spent some time talking about how he got into running, a comparison between running and blackjack, running while traveling, struggles (past and present) with injuries, and a whole lot more.
And we talked about Boston, obviously!
Here are some of the highlights from my chat with Ty Godwin
- Enjoying the half marathon more because he’s been more successful at the distance
- Starting running as an adult to get in shape, didn’t even know that “races” were a thing
- Wife bought him Hal Higdon’s book on marathon training for Christmas, and the rest was history
- Running all over the United States and the world
- Learning about the Boston Marathon, and making BQing the goal
- Some injury setbacks along the way, and the patience required of not coming back until being 100% healthy
- Tips to help qualify for Boston, or to achieve any other big running goal! (Link to his blog post on the subject)
Want to Support the Continued Growth & Production of the Show?
Check out the support page for ideas and suggestions of ways you can help me grow the show. And remember, not all support involves things that cost you money. Some of the best ways you can show your support are 100% free.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!