Today I’m reconnecting with Vanessa Runs.
Vanessa joined me on the show for the first time back in Episode 11 (and last week as a Best Of episode), and a lot has happened in her life since the last time we talked.
In the past year, Vanessa has gotten married, published her second book, and helped crew a couple of runners on a trans-continental run.
So needless to say, we had plenty of things to talk about today. After catching up on a lot of the running and traveling highlights, we really dove in to her second book, Daughters of Distance.
Here are some of the highlights from our chat.
- A spur of the moment Vegas wedding
- A two-state crew job turned into an entire trans-con
- Getting to site-see on the East Coast, and a desire to come back and explore it at some point
- The motivation for writing Daughters of Distance
- Some of the surprising things she learned while writing and researching the book
- The controversy (that I was unaware of) surrounding the term “Chicked”
- Sharing some stories from the book.
- Why men should take the time to read Daughters of Distance
- Future plans, including the possibility of book number 3
If you want to pick up a copy of Vanessa’s book Daughters of Distance, click the link to order it from Amazon (available on Kindle and in paperback). And while you’re at it, check out her first book, The Summit Seeker.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!