On today’s show, I’m joining Ben Schenck for a few easy miles.
Ben is the host of the MTNmeister podcast, a show dedicated to telling the stories of some of the most amazing people that participate in a variety of outdoor sports. He’s had on mountain climbers, ultra marathoners, paralympians, and more. The one thing that all have in common is a love of the outdoors and a willingness to test their limits.
Ben has been inspired by many of his guests, and he is testing his own limits as he prepares to run his first marathon in a couple of weeks. In addition to talking a lot about his upcoming race, here are some other highlights from our conversation:
- His preference for running naked.
- He also enjoys running and getting lost.
- How the MTNmeister brand got its name.
- Branching out from a background in finance, and how many of the principals of the finance industry are very similar to those that he talks to on his podcast.
- Lessons he’s learned from the guests that have been on his show.
- The concept of Loss Aversion, and how we all fall victim to it.
Find the MTNmeister podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and Soundcloud.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!