Today on the show, I’m joining Erica Agran for a few easy miles.
Erica has been running for quite a while, and has finished hundreds of races across a variety of distances. She’s finished over 40 marathons and 130 half marathons, so clearly she enjoys running and racing!
We shared some laughs about how much cotton she wore for her first marathon, her love of the NYC marathon (and she definitely encouraged me to run it at least once!), how different her blog is from the blogs of most runners, saving money shopping online, and a whole lot more!
Here are Some of the Highlights from Today’s Chat with Erica Agran
- Not knowing much about distance running/racing for her first race; maybe that was a good thing?
- The ongoing quest for PRs, even after so many races
- The New York City Marathon, which she’s finished 16 times!
- Our mutual joy with running downhill (Steamtown Marathon, here I come!)
- Possibly running some international races in the future
- On her blog, she talks about her running but it’s not your typical running-type blog
- Ways to find deals on just about anything you buy online (Get Cash Back for Shopping Online, Become an Online Shopping Ninja, Lots of Runner Specific Deals)
- The increase in the price of races over the years
- Odds of seeing Erica running a Disney race in the future are not very high
In full Erica spirit, you can save some $$$ if you want to run with her in San Fransisco: Save $10 on full/half with code TSFM2016ERICA and save $5 on the 5k with code TSFM2016ERICA5K
Next time you’re shopping online, check out Erica’s website for all kinds of ways to score deals on the things you are going to purchase (running or otherwise) anyway. And you can also connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram.
Enter to Win a Free Pair of Jabra Pulse Headphones and Support the Show at http://jabra.com/dizruns
Want to Support the Continued Growth & Production of the Show?
Check out the support page for ideas and suggestions of ways you can help me grow the show. And remember, not all support involves money. Some of the best ways you can show your support are 100% free.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!