Gerard Pescatore Strayed From Running, But Found His Way Back
Gerard Pescatore is the kind of runner that I want to be when I grow up.
He’s wicked fast, he keeps things in their proper perspective, and as a coach he understands the importance of working with each individual runner and his or her specific goals.
We had a great chat, covering everything from blaming shoes for injuries/issues, the power of spectating at a marathon, the dangers of treadmill running, and a whole lot more. Here are some of the highlights from our chat.
- After running in high school and college, he took a number of years off in his 20s, but found his way back to the sport
- The importance of maintaining flexibility in your schedule while training for a race
- His journey to becoming a running coach
- The benefit of being a certified pedorthist to his coaching clients
- Some of the signs and symptoms that it’s time for a new pair of shoes
- His “treadmill incident” and why he’s almost as anti-treadmill as I am
- The reason he’s running his first ultra marathon
If you want to connect with Gerard, click here to follow him on twitter. You can also check out his blog here.
Subscribe to the Show
Never miss another episode of the Diz Runs With podcast by subscribing to the show, and for my fellow Apple fans out there, it’s never been easier now that the podcast app is native on the new operating system.
iPhone/iPod/iPad users click here.
Android users click here.
SoundCloud users click here.
Please Give Me Some Feedback!
Take the 6 question listener survey to help me shape the future of this podcast.
Register for a Free Race Training Plan
Every month, I’m giving away a free training plan for the race of your choice. For details/information, and to sign up, just click here.
Join The Tribe!
There’s always room for more members of the tribe!
Both the Facebook group and the email group provide opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else.
The Facebook group is still small, but it is a great way to connect with fellow runners and foster community amongst like minded individuals. The email group is THE way to stay up to date about future guests on the show, as well as getting some other freebies and offers that aren’t available to anyone else.
If you’ve got questions about either/both, just let me know!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!